RMHC Dayton serves as the critical link to keeping families emotionally, physically, and financially healthy while caring for their ill or injured child.
Our programs provide families safe, comfortable, and affordable accommodations near the medical provider where their child is being treated. We do this through two core programs – the Ronald McDonald House (House) and the Ronald McDonald Family Rooms (Family Rooms).
These programs support family-centered care, a philosophy that places the highest value on health care that is provided in the context of the needs of a patient, their family, and their community.
Research shows that our programs play an important role in our region’s healthcare continuum by enabling the following:
- Bridging access to top medical care for seriously ill children who must travel long distances for care
- Providing families with emotional and physical comfort and support
- Enhancing a child and family’s hospital experience
- Improving a family’s coping and cohesion
- Improving a child’s recovery and outcomes
Read more about RMHC’s Research Impact here.