I would never in a million years once thought that I would have to use [RMHC Dayton]… My daughter was involved in a car accident that has forever changed our lives. We are from Detroit and had nowhere to stay. Thanks to my cousins’ quick thinking she got us in touch with RMHC. That never crossed my mind. It has been my home away from home for the past 36 days. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Our Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms provide relief for thousands of families who travel from around the world seeking medical care for their critically ill children. We ease their financial and emotional worries so they can focus on the health of their children – but we cannot do it alone.
You can help families in their time of need by joining our team of committed Volunteers. With community support and an amazing team of volunteers, we can be there for the families who call our House and Family Rooms home during this unimaginable time. We invite you to join our caring and committed team of volunteers and make a difference in the lives of our families.
Questions? Bringing a group? Please email Community Engagement Coordinator William Crabtree at [email protected] or call 937-224-0047 x 14.
THINGS TO KNOW
- All volunteers must be at least 16 years old
- Background check for all volunteers
- No court ordered community service
- Family Room volunteers must complete hospital volunteer orientation
- HOUSE REFRESHER: It takes a lot of hands to make sure our House is as warm, clean and welcoming as we need it to be for our guest families. House Refreshers focus their efforts on our common areas and hallways and make our House comfortable and clean every day.
- FAMILY ROOM VOLUNTEER: Our RMHC© Family Room volunteers are “the perfect host or hostess.” These volunteers greet and check-in families using the family room, answer the phone, and keep the Family Rooms clean and well stocked. Located in both Children’s and Miami Valley Hospital our family rooms are open every day of the year. (You must be 18 years or older and complete hospital volunteer orientation).
- KITCHEN REFRESHER: Our House kitchens are the heart of our House. There are many cooks in our kitchens every day and our kitchen volunteers ensure that the spaces are clean, organized, well-stocked and safe at all times.
- FRONT DESK CONCIERGE: Be our welcoming first impression to guest families, visitors, volunteers and donors who enter our House on a daily basis. Our Concierge Team has the knowledge and know-how to handle whatever questions come their way by and doing it all with a smile.
- VOLUNTEER DRIVER: Our drivers transport goods, including food and household items over to Dayton Children’s Hospital and Miami Valley Hospital. They may run errands, pick up donations or haul our pop tabs to the recycle facility. Drivers use their own vehicles.
- FACILITIES VOLUNTEER: (Details to come) Not only are our facilities volunteers handy, but they provide service with a smile. Projects range from changing light bulbs, to plumbing and electrical work and everything in between. No two days may be alike, so be ready for anything as you work to keep our House safe and in tip top shape for our guest families.