Our Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms provide relief for thousands of families who travel from around the world seeking medical care for their critically ill children. We ease their financial and emotional worries so they can focus on the health of their children – but we cannot do it alone.
You can help families in their time of need by joining our team of committed volunteers. With community support and an amazing team of volunteers, we can be there for the families who call our House and Family Rooms home during this unimaginable time. We invite you to join our caring and committed team of volunteers and make a difference in the lives of our families.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
For more information volunteering for RMHC Dayton, contact House Operations Manager Tyler Brady at [email protected] or call 937-224-0047 x 41. Please note, we do not provide court ordered community service opportunities.
THINGS TO KNOW
- All volunteers must be at least 16 years old
- Background checks are required for all volunteers
- Family Room volunteers must complete hospital volunteer orientation
- GROUP OPPORTUNITIES: Our group volunteer opportunities allows coworkers, friends, and families to spend time together helping make RMHC Dayton welcoming, clean and safe for guests.
- HOUSE REFRESHER: It takes a lot of hands to make sure our House is as warm and welcoming as we need it to be for our guest families. House Refreshers focus their efforts on our common areas and hallways and make our House comfortable and clean every day.
- FAMILY ROOM VOLUNTEER: Our Family Room volunteers are “the perfect host or hostess.” These volunteers greet and check-in families, answer the phone, and keep the Family Rooms clean and well stocked. Located in both Dayton Children’s and Miami Valley Hospital, our Family Rooms are open every day of the year. (You must be 18 years or older and complete hospital volunteer orientation).
- FRONT DESK CONCIERGE: Help us welcome guest families, visitors, volunteers, and donors who visit our House on a daily basis. Our Concierge Team has the knowledge and know-how to handle whatever questions come their way, and do it all with a smile.
- FACILITIES VOLUNTEER: Projects range from changing light bulbs, to plumbing and electrical work and everything in between. No two days may be alike, so these volunteers need to be ready for anything as they work to keep our House safe and in tip top shape for our guest families.
- GARDEN VOLUNTEER: Garden volunteers care for, manage, and develop identified garden areas. From novice to master gardener, all are welcome to help.